Outline of the Construction Management Process
Project Planning, Pre-Construction, and Review
- Prepare a Project Summary Document/Plan.
- Review any plans, drawings, and specifications.
- Assist with site selection and procurement.
- Forecast a comprehensive project budget & estimate.
- Assist in creating a reasonable project master schedule.
- Structure & Implement a chain of communication and approval plan.
- Develop & Implement a contract review process.
- Orchestrate the design selection process.
- Conduct a feasibility assessment by reviewing drawings and specifications to assure constructability.
- Analyze the design cost estimate.
- Identify any potential cost savings.
- Monitor schedule and delivery on any items with a long lead time.
- Assist in expediting the design process.
- Conduct and record project meetings.
- Assist with building code and other regulatory approvals.
- Review pay requisitions and recommend payment on all invoices.
Procurement & Bidding
- Review project logistics and delivery options.
- Conduct the contractor selection, bid awards, and procurement process.
- Administer direct purchasing on behalf of the owner.
- Prepare bid tabs and analysis.
- Develop, engage, and monitor project control systems.
- Prepare simple cash flow projections.
- Establish & implement a communication and reporting plan.
- Monitor & report all activity on-site.
- Review pay requisitions and invoices, and recommend payment action.
- Create and maintain a running punch list process.
- Document, communicate, negotiate, and advise on all change orders.
- Review and analyze progress made toward project milestones.
- Develop schedule recovery strategies
- Review and manage change order requests.
- Manage the Owner's direct purchase vendors and sub-contractors.
- Schedule, lead, and document construction meetings.
- Be proactive in all issue resolution processes.
- Document and report on daily, weekly, and monthly progress.
- Maintain all necessary project documentation.